Friday, January 26, 2007

December 28-30 - DisneyWorld, The Land, Hydroponic Gardens

After a 25 year hiatus, I returned to DisneyWorld. As a wedding gift we were given 5 day passes to the park by my lively bride's parents. During December 28-30 we toured Epcot. We saw everything except Morocco. My undesputed favorite part was "The Land" and the special behind-the-scences tour that my wife arranged as a Christmas present. We toured the hydroponic gardens at The Land. I took dozens of pictures. I know that most of you are not gardeners, so I won't bore you with the obscure details of my favorite passtime. The above were HUGE pumpkins. And here are the nine pound lemons

Here is how they make the Mickey Mouse shaped Pumpkins and cucumbers ...

Here's Becca and I with the Mickey Pumpkins.


The food was wonderful. We ate at Japan and France. I wish that I could have taken more pictures of the food. I must have gained 10 pounds. Here's the Japan dessert ... green tea and green tea ice cream.


I wish that I could write to describe how great a gift this was. It was a total sensory experience, a tour of the world and on top of that I learned how to execute effective hydroponic gardening. The gardening nerd in me was in heaven. The culinary nerd in me was in heaven as well. At the end of the three days, my feet hurt and my legs were sore, but it was SO worth it. I look foward to returning to DisneyWorld soon. Hopefully it won't be another 25 years!

Grace and peace,

Trav Wilson