Tuesday, January 23, 2007

December 17 - On to Tallahassee

We began our southeastern Christmas tour 2007 with a flight to Becca's parents home in Tallahassee. Randy and Francey, Becca's parents, were kind enough to put us up for three weeks and give me a set of Christmas memories that will be with me forever. Brant and Ann Marie Newland, Becca's brother and sister-in-law, would take me on a trip to Orlando and DisneyWorld that were 25 years in the making. I had not been to DisneyWorld since 1981. They were just building Epcot then. Steve and Katie Stallings, Becca's brother-in-law and sister, were also along for this wonderful visit. Becca and I always enjoy hanging out with our greater family.

Before Christmas, I spent a good deal of time reading and writing for class (what else is new). I accomplished quite a bit of work with the aid of my wife and the patience of my in-laws. I played with my nephews Rhett and Eli as much as I could. And, I also managed to take my 45 minute morning walk nearly every morning, rake the backyard, build an earthen firepit, and burn most of the leaves and other remnants of Fall 2007 in Randy and Francey's backyard. Long live my carbon footprint.

Grace and peace,
Trav Wilson