Monday, August 28, 2006

August 16-23 - Writing, reading and more writing ...

Honestly there was not much to post about this week. I read and I read and read. And then I wrote reflection papers. There was a lot of joy in this endeavor.

One reflection paper was on this book ... The Company of Preachers by Richard Lischer. We have been writing reflection papers on this for the last several weeks as a part of our preaching class. This particular reflection was on the function and place of the hearer in preaching.

The big reflection paper was on these books: Pastor (Willimon), Come, Creator Spirit (Cantalamessa), The Shaping of Things to Come (Frost, Hirsch), The Other Six Days (Stevens), Wounds that Heal (Seamands) and Ministry in the Image of God (Seamands). The big deal is that Seamands is The Rev. Dr. Steve Seamands ... the teacher of our class. I have never had to critique one book, let alone two books by any professor. I think that I may have allowed this novelty to drive me to unwarranted anxiety.

I'll let you know how the class goes. We're in the middle of it right now! ;)

Grace and peace,
Trav Wilson