Friday, August 04, 2006

July 31 - August 4 ... All Quiet on the Wilmore Front

Since we returned from West Virginia, we have had a blessed schedule snafu. We had no class meetings scheduled for this week, except for an all-day lecture on Tuesday, August 1. It was cancelled. In short, we have had an open week. Several people took off for trips to Cincinatti, North Carolina, and other fun locations. Except for West Virginia, Becca and I stayed here and hung out together. I got some important papers done early as well as a lot of reading done. I even began my sermon that is due August 14. I've been 'working' in my cubicle from about 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. everyday and reading a couple hours each night. So it has been a productive time.

Becca and I had dinner last night at Sim's Drugstore: we had a really good Portabello pizza and some malted Mikeshake's. Sim's Drugstore is kind of like Trowbridge's in Florence, Alabama ... except they sell asprin ... and ingraved silver pendants ... and have really thin-crust good pizza.

There is an event tonight called "Grill-A-Palooza", where we all bring a side and some meat to grill and then ... well, you get the idea. We sit around and talk, keeping all our children out of the street. Many BPs (Beeson Pastors) as I said are out of town now, so that crowd will be small but Becca and I are looking forward to a fun time.

Other than that, there's not much to report. I'm still honing the dissertation and I have high hopes about it. The huge football lobes in both our brains are twitching and starting to change color. Becca's of course is garnet and gold. Mine of course is a lovely roasted orange and rich navy blue.

Grace and peace,
Trav Wilson